HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN VALENTINE'S DAY WALL HANGING
I wanted to share with you a quick and easy project for Valentine’s Day.
This little project has received a lot of attention and for good reason. The texture of the metal really makes an eye-catching sparkle!
We lost our images sorry. If you make this, please email us your pictures.
I’ve included a quick tutorial for this project as well. This is a very easy project, perfect for a beginner at metal embossing.
The supplies used for this project are:
- Metal foil – found at craft stores in small squares – you can also use the metal from a soda can
- Embossing stylist – (if you don’t have one you can use a dull pencil)
- Paper Stump – found in the painting supplies at a craft store
- Embossing folder – I picked up this one on sale at Joan Crafts for $1.00
- Chalk paint
- Paint brush
- chalk or bistro chalk marker
- hole punch
- Something to emboss on like a piece of leather, or several sheets of newspaper stacked
- Something to use as a template for 2 different size hearts. I used a pack of cookie cutters I picked up at the dollar store
- optional: grommets
Trace a large heart on a square of metal foil and cut it out. Put your metal heart on a leather pad or a stack of newspapers so there is something soft under the metal. With an embossing stylist or a dull pencil, trace a smaller heart inside the heart you just cut out. You want to press hard enough to make an impression, but not so hard to poke through the metal.
Remove the heart from the leather or newspaper and turn it over onto a hard surface.
You should easily see a raised area of the 2nd heart you traced.
Use the stylist or a dull pencil and define the heart shape that you made by carefully tracing the outer side of the heart you traced, and then the inner line of the heart you traced.
This entire project took me about and hour and 1/2 to complete, but only because I was making it up as I was going along. Gotta love those projects that just happen!
Shout out to all of my blogging friends: I have seen so many beautiful and creative projects these last few weeks, that I couldn’t resist completing a quick one of my own. What great inspiration you ladies are!
Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone